OPEN POSITION FOR 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR:
There are no full-time positions currently available at St. Vincent de Paul. If you would like to put your resume on file or would like to be a substitute for St. Vincent de Paul, please contact Kristina Williams via e:mail at
PART TIME POSITION OPEN:
After School Program Assistant at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School
Part-time hourly contract basis
$11.00-15.00/hour, depending on experience
Aug. - May with some additional training days and some school holidays
Specific Days Needed
: M, T, W, Th, F
Min./Max. Hours per week:
14 - 18
M-F 2:45 p.m. – approx. 6:00 p.m.
Wed of the month– 1:45 p.m. – approx. 6:00 p.m.
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School seeks responsible, energetic and nurturing individuals who love children to work as assistants in our after school program, Prime Time. The position requires supervising children during play, rest, and homework, planning and implementing daily activities, preparing and serving snacks, and providing academic assistance to school students in grades PK-4 through 8
- Carry out the mission, goals and policies of Prime Time in a professional manner under the guidance and direction of the director.
- Be punctual or notify the director in advance if delayed or absent.
- Supervise students at all times to maintain safety.
- Maintain an accurate attendance roster at all times.
- Interact with students in a respectful manner that encourages autonomy and high self-esteem.
- Relate to the students in positive ways and use positive techniques to guide the behavior of the students.
- Respond appropriately to the students’ individual interests, talents/abilities, physical and emotional needs.
- Encourage students to make informed, responsible choices.
- Manage student check in/out for after school activities.
- Assist the director in planning and implementing suitable (age-appropriate) activities which are consistent with the school’s mission.
- Be aware of special medical issues and other physical and emotional needs of individual students.
- Assist the director with maintaining equipment and materials according to safety standards.
- Prepare, serve and clean up after snacks.
- Encourage water and rest breaks.
- Treat parents, families and caregivers in a respectful, welcoming manner.
- Interact with other staff in a positive, respectful manner to ensure a cooperative work environment.
- We seek individuals who love children and are inspired by our mission to develop students to their fullest potential in an environment permeated with Gospel values. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Be mature, responsible, energetic and nurturing with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Hold a college degree or currently attend college. Commensurate experience in child care/education will be considered.
- Receive a criminal background check clearance.
- Be certified in CPR/First Aid and hold a Texas Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Be trained and verified in VIRTUS child abuse awareness. Please go to the Safe Environment tab on the Archdiocese’s website, www.archgh.org for more information about and to register for this free 3 hour workshop required by all Archdiocesan employee/volunteers who work with children.
- Be committed to the philosophy of Catholic school and value oriented education.
- Special talents in physical education, art, music, or education are a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Prime Time Assistant is frequently required to sit, stand for up to 90 minutes at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear; remain outdoors for extended periods in all seasons. Interactivity with children requires frequent; stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Prime Time Assistants must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally climb, balance, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, send a letter of interest and current resume to Prime Time Director, Gayle Grassle, at
If you would like to be considered as a substitute teacher or long term substitute teacher, please find the application at
and submit to:
6802 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77025